LPP to build Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing Framework
With an increasing number of NHS organisations looking to generate efficiencies and service improvements in Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing, LPP has taken the decision to build a framework agreement for these services.
Believed to be the first of its kind, the aim is to provide a fast track procurement solution for trusts choosing to outsource their outpatient pharmacy dispensing services. In the light of Lord Carter’s report “Operational Productivity and Performance in English NHS Acute Hospitals: Unwarranted Variations” the timing is opportune. Pharmacy activity is one of the areas under the Carter spotlight, with a call for pharmacy staff to be more clinically focussed – as a consequence, trusts are likely to look at other ways of dealing with outpatient dispensing to free up clinical time.
The framework will enable LPP members and NHS organisations throughout the United Kingdom to accelerate and streamline the procurement process, thereby allowing for early realisation of benefits. Whilst it will be accessible only through further competition, LPP’s intention is to achieve a degree of standardisation of headline governance and outline specification that will simplify the process for trust and supplier alike. To enhance the local process, LPP will be creating a further competition toolkit. This will seek to standardise the approach and simplify processes for supplier and NHS organisations alike.
A Prior Information Notice has been published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU), inviting interested suppliers to engage with LPP and participate in the development of this framework agreement. It is critical to the success of the project that we understand how suppliers might benefit from streamlined processes. Just as critical is the development of a stakeholder group to assist us in understanding what our customer base is looking for and to help shape the generic specification and framework agreement documentation, as well as what is needed for the toolkit.
Key LPP personnel involved in the project are as follows:
• Phil Aubrey, Secondary Care lead for the LPP Medicines Optimisation and Pharmacy Procurement workstream;
• Marc Osborne who is to project manage delivery of the framework agreement
• Tim Root , the NHS Lead for the LPP Medicines Optimisation and Pharmacy Procurement workstream.
We are targeting the end of December as the date by which we will have awarded the framework agreement and made it available for use by LPP members and the wider NHS. We are in the process of firming up the timetable for the project and will publish more detail once this is completed.
However we have established a number of target dates we wish to meet for this project:
• 10th June 2016 Publication in OJEU of Prior Information Notice (PIN) inviting suppliers to engage informally (completed)
• 30th June 2016 – Deadline for suppliers to respond to PIN
• 30th July – Completion of informal supplier engagement
• 5th August 2016 – Completion of tender documentation including legal review
• 8th August 2016 – Advertise in OJEU under Open procedure and make tender documents available to the market
• 30th September 2016 – deadline for receipt of tenders
• 31st October 2016 – completion of evaluation with recommendation for award
• 25th November 2016 – award of framework agreement
• 23rd December 2016 – complete launch of framework agreement to LPP customers including development of further competition toolkit
• 2nd January 2017 – Framework Agreement go live date.
For further information please contact Marc Osborne.
Outpatients Pharmacy Dispensing Services Framework Agreement awarded by NHS London Procurement Partnership
With an increasing number of NHS organisations looking to generate efficiencies and service improvements in Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing, LPP has awarded a framework agreement for outsourcing of these services where an NHS organisation chooses this option.
Outpatients Pharmacy Dispensing Services tender published by NHS London Procurement Partnership
LPP has now published the tender in OJEU and Contracts Finder for the Framework Agreement for the Provision of Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing Services.
PIN for Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing Services published - deadline for EOI 30th June
A PIN for a new framework agreement covering Outpatient Pharmacy Dispensing Services has been published by NHS London Procurement Partnership.