Products and services
Medicines Optimisation & Pharmacy Procurement
The Medicine Optimisation and Pharmacy Procurement team comprises clinical specialists who support medicines optimisation through a pan-London approach aligned with the national priorities of quality, safety and value. With a ‘do once and share approach’, our team examines patient pathways to improve patient care and population health, by promoting equity and reducing unwarranted variation across the system. The team works closely with clinical networks, NHS England and NHS Improvement, Academic Health Science Networks and others across the health care system. To inform their decisions, the team has access to NHS business intelligence to provide dashboards and benchmarking to trusts. Having access and analysing specialist pharmacy data and other resources, not readily available to individual organisations, ensures your NHS clinical professionals are kept fully informed.
Our team can work with you to:
- Access London-wide and national contracts for medicines and services
- Make best use of Commercial Medicine Unit (CMU) contracts for medicines
- Manage and respond to medicine shortages
- Use dashboards and benchmarking to drive decision making
- Reduce duplication in the system
- Standardise services and patient experience to align with other NHS organisations across London.
Allied Health Professional Prescribing and Procurement Advisor/Dietitian