The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated existing pressures on NHS waiting lists, NHS trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGS’s) are in need of an insourcing solution to manage the patient backlog.
Supplementary Healthcare Services (insourcing) is free to access and offers a short to medium term solution for trusts to secure extra clinical capacity, bring down waiting times and ensure patients can be seen within the trust.
The agreement includes the provision of clinical services to assist with meeting waiting time targets and other pressures by utilising the services of providers on NHS premises, enabling trusts to retain capacity planning.
Available for direct award and further competition, this insourcing framework offers access to a broad range of services both adult and pediatric under the Light Touch Regime. The scope of the framework is not limited to only being able to provide the services listed.
• Cardiology diagnostics
• Diagnostic imaging
• Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
• General surgery
• A cost-effective solution, with costs being either at, or discounted from tariff
• A compliant and competed process has been undertaken with providers able to meet the requirement
• Ensure consistent standards with regard to the delivery of these services and compliance with NHS requirements
• Cash releasing
• Assist trusts in achieving better KPI’s
• Ability to contract with providers to the market on bespoke terms and conditions which incorporate flow through as applicable from the NHS Standard Contract
• Call off terms and conditions enhanced to incorporate the specific requirements when procuring a clinical service