Delivering value through our Estates, Facilities and Corporate Services (EFCS) team
In the last year, the Estates Facilities and Corporate Services (EFCS) team within NHS LPP has supported NHS trusts across London and beyond to meet savings targets, provide excellence in service delivery, identify opportunities, and to improve internal processes so that procurement and estates teams can deliver cost effective, compliant procurement processes.
Some of the recent achievements of the team include:
- Delivering circa £17m in cash releasing savings that can now be used to support patient care
- The completion of an opportunity analysis for a London-based ICS which identified circa £12.5m of potential savings on an influenceable spend of approximately £170m, and also made proposals around future collaboration, service innovation, improving efficiency, and delivering against sustainability and social value goals
- The creation of a procurement strategy and process to manage minor works and maintenance spend within a large NHS trust
- Supporting trusts to award 58 new contracts under NHS LPP agreements with a total contract value of £191m
- The award of three new frameworks/dynamic purchasing systems including an innovative total facilities management framework with a focus on sustainability and social value
- The creation of an ICS wide-options appraisal for the centralisation of low value minor works procurement to enable the creation or adoption of an ICS-wide procurement route that would meet key project drivers.
The EFCS team has taken an active role in driving not only savings through direct procurement activities, but also added value through cross-trust collaboration, service review and bespoke analytics.
The team is comprised of a series of experts within their fields who are able to impart their experience and knowledge in order to support trusts with driving forward their agendas within the EFCS categories, whether they be focussed on savings, service excellence, innovation, of sustainability and social value goals.
In October 2022, the EFCS team was shortlisted for the prestigious HCSA Procurement Team of the Year Award, a reflection of the high standards set over the last 12 months.
If you’d like to have an informal conversation on how we can help your trust achieve savings or operational efficiencies, please get in touch at Customer@lpp.nhs.uk.