Become a Member of NHS LPP
As a procurement hub, NHS LPP is uniquely owned collectively by all its members, as opposed to one organisation. This affords our members the benefit of equal status and input into our vision, structure, products and services through a series of tailored forums and customer boards, aimed at all the groups within our member trusts that we influence, including estates, clinical and digital, finance, workforce and medicines optimisation and pharmacy procurement, as well as the governance of a member-led steering board.
As a member of NHS LPP you, not only have access to our products and services, but benefit from expert advice and support across the category areas we influence.
We collaborate with our members to provide local, regional and pan-London opportunities that bring rewards in sharing of good practice, leveraging common needs and spending power, and working together towards shared aims, all of which develops relationships, knowledge, and ultimately supports the whole health system and economy.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact our account managers who will discuss you requirements in more detail.
NHS LPP’s fee structure was reviewed in 2019 by a steering board-led task and finish group. A streamlined, simplified model that segments our members into four groups, based on the size of their non-pay spend was developed and adopted. All members, regardless of the size of the organisation, receive the same level of service and membership benefits.
The account managers will be able to provide you with more detail of your specific fee group.
What you get as part of your membership
Dedicated account management
- Regular review meetings with a dedicated account manager, as well as reviews with an NHS LPP senior director
- Strategic account plans (co-developed with members) that build procurement pipeline priorities and identify opportunities to deliver savings and value at trust and STP level
- Access to the right NHS LPP expertise
- Insight and knowledge share of best practice examples across NHS LPP, other members, industry, and wider NHS
- Access to strategic, market, and sector-specific intelligence to support development of plans and opportunities
- Representation at national, regional and local meetings and forums
- Alignment with STP and collaborative agendas
- Introductory meeting with consultancy team to understand any consultancy requirements, along with a proposal of recommendations
Shared knowledge and best practice
- Regular communication updates on NHS LPP corporate news, changes in processes and systems, and
- Product and service offers
- Engagement forums for members
Systems and training
- Access to e-Tendering and contract management system (Proactis)
- One day free Proactis training (retail value £1000 p/d)
- First stop user technical support and associated procurement advice including:
- system support in contract management
- ITT and technical public sector procurement advice
- Advice on initial scoping of PMO around a contract register
Market access and analysis
- Bespoke shared members’ workspace (my.lpp) including access and support
- Analytics suite (Predict X) including analysis and benchmarking on spend data across the organisation to support trust-wide plans (using Account Payable, Purchase Order and Management Information data)
- Market insight into STP-wide opportunities
- Carter metrics
- Quarterly Cost Improvement Programmes (CIPS) reports with online access to member-specific benefits reports
- Package of bespoke Power BI dashboards, tailored to individual member requirements (requirements outside of this package will be quoted for on a case by case basis)
- Expert industry advice and guidance including
- Provide example specifications followed by tailored advice
- Market insight and expertise
- Benchmarking and analysis
- Identified opportunities for collaboration where commercially beneficial
For NHS LPP contracts only we offer the following benefits. Other contracts can be supported at an additional cost.
- Tender process support including:
- Provision of tender documents, scoping the specification up to a maximum of two days free of charge
- Facilitating tender process up to publication
- Uploading tenders onto Proactis
- Facilitating clarification stage
- Circulating tender responses, and facilitating moderation session (if required)
- Supporting contract awards documentation for trust board sign-off
- Drafting award and non-award letters and uploading onto Proactis
- Advise on responses to challenges
- On-the-day facilitation of pre-market engagement events in relation to the tender exercise
- Project management (where five or more members work together, otherwise chargeable on a case-by-case basis)
- Specialist expertise from clinicians and medicines procurement specialists
- Support for managing expenditure on high cost PBR excluded drugs, supply of medicines through homecare and patient access schemes
- Promote and support evidenced based choice of medicines, safe cost-effective use and actively support the reduction of medicines waste
- Continued support
- Day to day framework or service-specific support and advice
- Managing suppliers’ financial and operational performance across all NHS LPP categories