- a future-proofed solution that can be continually updated to reflect changes in market demand and to support the addition of new products and suppliers at any time
- greater choice of providers, both at a national and regional level
- takes advantage of the high volume of SMEs in the UK training market
- allows customers to clearly show their achievements of social value and sustainability initiatives
- the option to decide how you want the training provided, for example:
- face to face
- blended (a mix of virtual and face to face)
- public: training provided with other public sector organisations
- closed: training provided with only your organisation
- flexibility of contract award: customers can choose between rapid award and standard award depending on their needs
We have organised services using filters to help you select capable suppliers who can meet your training needs. The 2 headline filters are:
These are the broad category / subject headings to help you define what learning category your potential training needs sit under. This will help you to narrow down your supplier selection:
- business skills
- coaching and mentoring
- health and safety
- digital, data and technology
- financial services
- leadership and management
- legal and compliance
- Learning Management System (LMS) software
- LMS design, delivery and content
- NHS clinical
- NHS non-clinical
- NHS Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- project and programme management
- specialist / niche training
There are four distinct service routes that you can choose to further help you with the supplier selection process. These are:
1. Standard off the shelf training
Ad hoc off-the-shelf training courses and professional qualifications. These are only provided by the training provider (no aggregators / sub-contractors).
2. Bespoke training
Sourcing specialist or tailored training courses and small scale ad hoc learning needs across all subject areas. This includes the design and provision of specialist / niche training programmes.
3. Learning technologies
The design, build, supply and development of learning technologies. This includes, but is not limited to:
- new Learning Management Systems / Learning Experience Platforms
- the integration of existing Learning Systems / Platforms
4. Education services
This provision is for public sector funded programmes targeted to provide skills to the general public (those in education, unemployed, or in full time employment).
This DPS offers an end-to-end online call off process. This means that you can do your search, evaluation and contract award all through the DPS.
This agreement will be live for 4 years (48 months) with the option to extend for a further 2 years (24 months).
Suppliers/How to Buy:
Before using this agreement, you will need to read the customer guidance. This document includes detailed information which will help you to select the right award procedure for your needs.
You can buy training services through:
- rapid award: for standard off the shelf training only - you are able to use the supplier’s prospectus and pricing matrix to make a rapid award to a supplier who meets your training needs
- standard direct award: for any other training needs - you can export a supplier list and invite the selected suppliers to take part in a capability assessment and / or a further competition
You can access this DPS by visiting the Supplier Registration Page. You will then need to:
1. Select ‘view the available agreement’ option on the right hand side of the webpage, under the heading Dynamic Purchasing Systems and Low Value Purchase System
2. Click on the ‘Learning and Development’ link
3. Select ‘Access as a Buyer’
From here you can select the relevant filters and route to market that meets your needs and begin the call-off process.
To begin the call-off process you will need to:
1. select the ‘access as a buyer’ option on the Supplier Registration Service (SRS) page 1. You will need to register an account or, if you’ve used this service before, you can sign in
2. you must confirm your acceptance of the customer access agreement every time you sign in
3. click on the link under ‘options’ in the bottom right hand corner to create a new category portfolio and begin your supplier selection
4. before you can go any further you will need to select whether you would like to use rapid or standard award
5. search for relevant suppliers using a range of filters and your statement of requirements 1. we recommend that you have your statement of requirements ready to share before starting your supplier selection, as it will give suppliers a clearer understanding of your specific needs
6. you can also filter suppliers by location and provision methods including:
- virtual instructor-led
- face to face
- hybrid / blended (a mix of face to face and online training)
7. at the end of the selection process, you must use the auto-generated free text box to save your category portfolio search and to confirm your statement of requirements
Note: category portfolios older than 2 working days are seen as expired. This is due to the continuous on-boarding of suppliers to this DPS.
To update your portfolio, you will need to access the ‘manage your DPS category portfolio’ page on SRS. Click the ‘update’ link at the bottom of the page to update your portfolio and this will provide the latest supplier listing.