NHS Workforce Alliance Conference - 11 October 2023
Colleagues from across the NHS are warmly invited to join the NHS Workforce Alliance, which NHS London Procurement Partnership is a proud partner of, at its first ever national conference at the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel.
The event, which is taking place on Wednesday 11 October 2023, will showcase expert speakers on all aspects of NHS workforce – including policy, legal aspects, data analytics, commercial and operational practice – alongside NHS case studies.
Delegates will also be able to join roundtable discussions on vital topics, such as staff bank management and eliminating the use of agencies which are not appointed to a NHS England approved framework agreement.
Who should attend?
The event will be of particular interest to the following NHS colleagues:
- HR/Workforce leads
- Assistant Chief/Lead Nurse
- Medical staffing leads
- Staff bank leads
- AHP/HSS leads
- Procurement leads/Category managers
- Finance leads
You’ll have the opportunity to hear from expert speakers including a leading workforce legal expert and representatives from NHS England and NHS trusts. You’ll also take part in workforce planning and Q&A sessions so you can join discussions, and gain insights from peers, on vital workforce topics.
- Gill Chapman, Head of Service – Staff Bank, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
- Clare Martin, Associate Director of Procurement, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey and Borders NHS Foundation Trust
- Hannah Burton, Agency/Commercial Manager, National Temporary Staffing, NHS England
- Katy Horner, Partner – Employment, Pensions and Immigration Group, DAC Beachcroft LLP.
- Working well together. Be the best place to work. This presentation will demonstrate how leadership, data and culture can influence the number of clinicians and support workers on shift
- Agency usage and developing supplier relationships at pace. A case study on supporting Sussex Partnership to implement changes in the approach to agency usage and developing supplier relationships at pace
- Managing your temporary workforce – what you need to know in 2023. An employment lawyer’s perspective on key legal and practical issues, focussing on agency and bank staff, as well as fixed-term workers
- NHSE Temporary Staffing Team, National Update. A presentation about the national programmes of work for temporary staffing, national strategy and insights, and good practice examples.
- Workforce Planning - a colleague from the Alliance will facilitate an open discussion enabling delegates to discuss their key priorities in any aspect of workforce management in the NHS
- Open Q&A with panel speakers from NHS trusts, NHS England and a leading workforce legal expert.
Please register your spot via the dedicated Eventbrite page.
Due to limited venue capacity, attendance for this event is restricted to NHS colleagues exclusively - please register using your organisation email address. Working effectively and collaboratively with suppliers is vital for successful workforce strategies and the Alliance hopes to run a larger conference in future years to enable supplier participation – but for now we ask our suppliers to respect the priority given to NHS colleagues for this event.
Attendance is free but with venue capacity limited, we encourage you to book now. A full agenda and confirmed speakers will follow.
By registering for this event your name and email address information may be visible to others when the meeting invite is issued.